The summer has come to an end and we’re now entering the fall home-buying season. You can expect to have continued buying pressure with lots of competition for the home that you are interested in. So, what do you have to do to get your offer accepted?
- Make sure you have your mortgage approval before you go shopping.
- Keep in mind that the seller will not accept any offer from a buyer who hasn’t been approved for their financing.
- Make sure your mortgage approval hasn’t expired if you’ve been out shopping for a while.
- Listen to your Realtor’s advice about market conditions.
- Be ready to act quickly when you find the house you want to submit an offer on.
- Once you’ve found the house, contact your mortgage professional and have them do a work
up onthe house. You’ll want to know the total cash out of pocket needed to purchase and the approximate monthly payment you can expect to pay.
- If you’re comfortable with the monthly payment and the cash out of pocket needed to buy, then get your offer submitted to the seller as quickly as possible.
- Encourage your Realtor to give the seller a short time to respond to your offer. 24 to 48 hours max This will keep the seller from holding your offer until they get another offer in and play one against the other for a bidding war.
I hope this information helps prepare you to be a better buyer than your competition. If you have further questions you’re welcome to email or call us any time.